Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Final Reading Evaluation

My hands down favorite reading we did this semester was by far, The Ramayana.  I'm not really sure what it was that made me like the story so much more than the Mahabharata but I just fell much more attached to that story for some reason.  I loved reading through the Ramayana and following the story line of a single hero with a solid supporting group rather than reading of five brothers that have a feud with their cousins.  I also really liked several of the free-choice stories that we read.  I particularly enjoyed reading the short Jataka tales.  It was a fun switch up to be able to read a bunch of short stories rather than reading one long story.  Overall, I feel that there was a very good balance between reading, writing, and feedback and I would not change this setup for next semester.  For the students who take this class next, I would just recommend keeping up with all of the assignments or even getting ahead when possible so that they don't miss an excessive amount of points.  Even with this however, it is still very doable to achieve the grade you want because of all the extra credit options made possible throughout the course of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment